Back in the days when I actually stayed up past 10:30, I used to be an avid Saturday Night Live watcher. There was a recurring skit with Chris Farley where he hosted an interview show. He would have celebrities on and "interview" them. The interview always went something like this:
Chris Farley: "Uh, remember that time in X movie when you did X, Y, or Z?"
Celebrity: "Yeah"
Chris Farley: "Huh, huh, um that was really cool"
And it goes on like that.
This is a bit what my conversations with Ethan feel like lately. Every conversation goes something like this, "remember in Hotel for Dogs, when the dog stares at the window and then the boy comes in, and then they pull up the shade.....". Usually, the description takes about 5 minutes but it feels like 20 minutes and I am standing there thinking, "let's wrap it up kid". When he has finished I say, "Yes, I remember" and then he says, "I really liked that part" or "that was really cool".
This happens about 20 times a day and I feel a bit like I am being interviewed by Chris Farley.
No comments:
Post a Comment