Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Outta here!

The boys and I leave tomorrow in the a.m. for Europe. So, for the next 3 weeks, it will be pretty quiet around here. I will try and post some pictures every now and then so Grandma and Grandpa C. can see what the squirts are up to.

After a week of running around like a woman with her pants on fire, I can finally say, we are ready. I have run every errand that you could possibly imagine, some twice, crossed items off a million different to do lists, cleaned the house, spent a fortune on things to keep the boys occupied during the 12 hours of flying, and I think we are set.

I am very excited to see what the kids think of being in a foreign country. The different language, different food, castles and all of that. Drew asked me a few weeks ago, "what kind of Spanish am I going to have to speak in Germany?" Totally cracked me up. He also keeps asking things like, "do they have strawberries in Switzerland?" Ethan, my adventurous one, has been wanting to leave for the past week now and is very excited to try all the different food (he is so my child).

I will be crossing my fingers that tomorrow, both flights leave on time, that the boys are happy en route and that we arrive unscathed by the adventure. Fortunately, my kids are pretty darn good travelers. Oh, and hoping the stupid back manages to not freak out on the long flight. If so, I will be armed with my arsenal of painkillers/muscle relaxers but I am really hoping to not have to be THAT person on the plane. The one slurring their speech and falling asleep mid sentence. I have already told my mom that she can pretend she doesn't know me.

Wish us luck!!!