Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Feel the Kneed, the Kneed For........

....did you think I was going to say "speed"?

Nah, I wish it was something that exciting.

Ready for it? More PT!!!!! Cause I love it so much and my life is not complete if I don't visit a PT office at least quarterly.

The ol' knees have been bugging me for the past 4 or 5 months. I was hoping the simple exercises I was given by the orthopedic Dr would work but alas, they are still bugging me. I kind of wonder if they were jealous of all the attention the back was getting and are now maliciously acting up? If so, STOP IT!!! Saw the doctor again last week who said I have some patellafemoral syndrome and quad tendinitis and suggested PT.

Amazingly, the dumb knees felt pretty decent hiking around Europe but have been killing me since getting home. Seems loading the dishwasher, cleaning house, and doing laundry are all more of a burden for the knees than walking/hiking. I told Kevin that all signs are pointing to me needing to go back to Switzerland indefinitely. For medical reasons of course. Has nothing, whatsoever, to do with the cheese and chocolate and bakeries. MEDICAL REASONS. He just laughed.

I am pretty darn frustrated with all of it because after a year of nursing my back, doing PT, the chiro, injections and anything else anyone could come up with, the back is finally feeling much better. Not totally pain free but much more functional and lots of chunks of time where it doesn't hurt at all. YAY!!! But then now the knees. Those bastards. (Sorry mom)

What I don't get is that a little over a year ago, my body felt invincible. Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Now, not so much. The other night when the knees were just throbbing I came up with what I thought was a brilliant solution. We could amputate both legs like at mid thigh, thereby ridding me of knee pain AND cellulite in one fell swoop. So genius right?! Kevin, the old spoilsport, thought maybe PT would be a better first step. (I told him he could call me stumpy but still it was a no go).

So back I go tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that this little issue doesn't take a whole year to heal like someone else I know (that's right, I am talking to you lumbar spine).

**btw, took like 40 pictures of my knees to go with this post and can I just say, knees, in isolation are ugly little buggers.**

1 comment:

Carol Askew said...

You make me laugh! I'm glad Kevin nixed the stumpy idea, but I'm with you on Switzerland. Seriously, good luck with the PT. I hope that you can get this resolved and get the whole body feeling better, all at the same time. My knees are just now feeling better from the silly walk down the mountain in Colorado that I did. :-)