Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Whew!!!

Do you ever have one of those days? One of those days where there is just a lot going on and you feel like you never get a second to process even one of those things going on? Well, that was yesterday for me. I was basically on the go from the minute I woke up. I had coffee for lunch, THAT busy!

In the midst of all of that, I got some new information yesterday about my crappy body and some decisions are going to have to be made. I was feeling a bit bereft about the situation and frustrated. Then the husband comes home with a bit of a dilemma which has no quick and easy answer. And to top things off we were up to our eyeballs in one special needs child having a meltdown over nerves about a field trip scheduled for the next day. You could just feel the crazy in the air. Kevin and I were trying to talk in code about all of this during dinner but gave up and later ended up in our bedroom plopped down across the bed talking about the various things going on.

Not long into our stolen quiet moment, two dogs wandered in and started wrestling, complete with growling sounds. A few minutes later I see a head peeking around the door and in comes Ethan, who jumps on the bed and snuggles up to us. And then Drew shows up with a construction book asking if he can have a real bulldozer for Christmas. (Soooooo not going to happen). For a moment I was disappointed that our little reverie was broken but then at the same time the growling, jumping dogs, the little boy pressed up against me and Kevin, and the boy dreaming about Christmas all felt so right and made me feel like everything else will get figured out in due time.

2 comments:

Holly Thompson said...

Oh sweetie! Your crazy life is divine!!! I'm sorry your body is leaving feeling bereft and I'm hear to listen if you need someone to talk to, 'k? Love you!

Heather C said...

Thanks Holly. You could probably offer me some good insights on dealing with an uncooperative body since you have had the unfortunate joy of having one of your own. Love you too!