In early December, we celebrated Drew's 11th birthday. I really can't believe that he is a "tween" (frightening) and only one year away from junior high. It doesn't seem all that long ago that he was a tiny 5 pound guy. He is doing so well this year in school and is also maturing some (now if I can just get him to care about his room looking like an ad for the Hoarders show). For his birthday, he had a small party with some boys from his significant special needs program at school and we took him out to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Harmer and Aunt Tiff, who was in town. He also got a fortune in gift cards from the grandparents, Aunt Leslie and family and Auntee T and Uncle Peter. He went shopping with all his cards and came home saying, "I am just a happy boy!"
No Real Theme. Just Raising boys, Family Stuff, Two Charming Vizslas, Working Out, Dealing with a Back Injury and other Random Thoughts
Friday, January 28, 2011
Getting Caught Up
Remember how I promised to get my blogging butt in gear and get some pictures from Drew's birthday and Christmas up? Uh, yeah, then the dog died and I got sidetracked, yet again. So, now, finally here are some pics from our December activities and then I will be good and caught up and ready to post ahead with more current things.

In early December, we celebrated Drew's 11th birthday. I really can't believe that he is a "tween" (frightening) and only one year away from junior high. It doesn't seem all that long ago that he was a tiny 5 pound guy. He is doing so well this year in school and is also maturing some (now if I can just get him to care about his room looking like an ad for the Hoarders show). For his birthday, he had a small party with some boys from his significant special needs program at school and we took him out to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Harmer and Aunt Tiff, who was in town. He also got a fortune in gift cards from the grandparents, Aunt Leslie and family and Auntee T and Uncle Peter. He went shopping with all his cards and came home saying, "I am just a happy boy!"
For Christmas this year, we celebrated at home with my parents. My mom and I made an excellent dinner (if I do say so myself) of prime rib, rolls, scalloped potatoes and a raspberry trifle. Christmas day was spent opening gifts and then playing with all the new stuff. Drew and Ethan both got PaperJamz guitars from Santa and I think those were one of the favorites for both of them. Kevin and I got a kick out of watching all the posing and face making that went along with the guitar playing. I think there is a little frustrated rock star in both of them.
In early December, we celebrated Drew's 11th birthday. I really can't believe that he is a "tween" (frightening) and only one year away from junior high. It doesn't seem all that long ago that he was a tiny 5 pound guy. He is doing so well this year in school and is also maturing some (now if I can just get him to care about his room looking like an ad for the Hoarders show). For his birthday, he had a small party with some boys from his significant special needs program at school and we took him out to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Harmer and Aunt Tiff, who was in town. He also got a fortune in gift cards from the grandparents, Aunt Leslie and family and Auntee T and Uncle Peter. He went shopping with all his cards and came home saying, "I am just a happy boy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment