Once again, the kids are off school today. I think it has been about 6 weeks (okay, not think because I am keeping track and I am beginning to get bitter) since the kids have had a full, 5 day week of school. There have been 3 snow days, two of which were merely because it was cold and had the Chicagoan in me accusing our school district and it's inhabitants of being complete wusses, MLK Day, 2 teacher work days, and 2 days of Ethan home with Type B influenza. Today, another teacher workday and Ethan, in some effort to infect the entire family with something once and for all, is again sick, this time with strep throat.
Nothing at all noteworthy or exciting going on today, hence the time to mess around with blog formats.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, this week in my workouts I tried something new, Bulgarian split squats and I kind of like them. Well, okay, I suppose I like them in the same way I like it when my husband rubs out a knot in my back. Hurts like hell in the process but feels good afterward.
I saw this exercise in a workout book and the author of the book said it was one of the most hated moves in her gym but one which gets great results. Just having the word "Bulgarian" in the name, to me, suggests something less than easy. So, if basic lunging gets boring or it seems like you have to do a million lunges to get any muscle fatigue, try these and you will definitely feel something.
Here you go:

photo from Laura Kowaleski
1 comment:
Ashley, truer words were never spoken about those split squats. Spent the weekend with one sore glute muscle!
I saw on your blog, it is Colorado Springs for you guys. I am up in the Denver area.
Post a Comment