Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An Upswing

After last week's cold/flu thing and feeling a bit like the universe hated me, this past weekend and week are feeling really good.  My weekend consisted of homemade cinnamon rolls the size of my face, yum.


A "date" with Drew while Ethan was at a movie with friends.  My hubby, who spent part of the weekend out of town for a funeral, arrived back Sunday morning, which made me very happy because I missed him.  Since it was almost 90 outside we all went for a walk on the bluff near our home, a place that I love because it has 360 degree views of downtown Denver, Pikes Peak, the mountains and Colorado's plains. 


I got some nice Mother's Day gifts and then everyone made me dinner.  Drew, being Drew, complained about how making dinner was such a trial for him because he was tired (he is so giving) which made me laugh and I reminded him that I make dinner every, single, night, tired or not.  Not surprisingly, I got no sympathy for that comment.  He also had me laughing telling me that since it was Mother's Day, I needed to be extra nice to HIM.  We had to explain how he kind of had that backwards. 

All in all, a great weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day.  I missed seeing my own mother who decided traipsing around Africa was better than staying home to get a lame card and some flowers from me. 

Mom at Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe.  Oh and can I just say how is it that at 64 she seems to have fewer wrinkles than me?  Totally unjust in my opinion!

Despite her absence, I did get to send her an email and let her know what a great mama she is and how much I love her.  

In other good news, Tucker, or Mr. Puppers as I have started calling him, finally seems to be getting this whole pee outside concept which means my days of going outside hourly and then saying in a ridiculous voice, "good pee-pee" are numbered.  It's a good thing too because he chewed the cord to our Spotbot last week while I was in the shower completely eliminating my ability to really clean up any accidents.


3 comments:

Ameena said...

What a nice Mother's Day! I have to say that when it's 90 degree outside I don't go anywhere unless it's air conditioned. You are a superstar to take a walk!

I'm glad you are feeling better...I think cinnamon rolls might be the key here.

And your mom? She looks amazingly young!

Kim said...

Those cinnamon buns look divine. I laughed at your son's comment. Mine are still babies but I can just imagine what I'm in for later.

Heather C said...

Thanks Ameena (I did see your comment before Blogger did something to it).

Kim, I checked out your blog and you have some beautiful boys and I think I am going to have to try out your husband's pizza dough recipe.