Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Weekend at Sundance Resort and My Baby Sister Gets Hitched

We left last Friday to spend a long weekend at Sundance Resort in Utah and to see my sister get married.  We rented a cabin right near Sundance with my parents.  The cabin was full of cowboy and indian type decor and the boys had fun trying on the various cowboy hats strewn about the house.

Ethan getting his cowboy on.

Drew posing with a stuffed bear found in the cabin. 

When we had booked our trip, we had great plans to do some hiking in the area but the weather was not cooperative.  It was in the 40's and rainy so instead of hiking, on Saturday, we took a drive to Park City to do some shopping and eat lunch.  While we were there, Ethan made a new friend.


We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out, going to a rehersal dinner, visiting Kevin's parents in Salt Lake and spending time with my sister and her family to be. 

On the day of the wedding, two days before June I might add, we woke up to snow, which made Ethan happy because he could do this,


Fortunately, by wedding time the snow had melted but it was still hailing and raining off and on so my sister's outdoor wedding got moved inside. 

We got all dressed up, even the boys, and headed off to watch my sister get married and to have dinner afterward. 


Here are Kevin and I all dressed up AND with somewhere to go.  I bought my dress months ago when I thought it would be warm by the end of May so I was happy that we were going to be sitting inside for the nuptials.


My sister and I before the ceremony.  In case you are wondering, that bump in her dress isn't just a large burrito she had for lunch but rather a baby girl due in July. 


My dad walking my sister down the aisle.  They are both laughing here because my mother, from her seat, was admonishing them for moving too fast. 


The newly married couple right after being pronounced man and wife.  My sister, who hadn't eaten much all day and was starving, is looking directly at the hors d'oeuvres table in this shot.

After the wedding, we were all stuffed and tired but Drew livened things up doing some Risky Business style dancing in the kitchen of our cabin.



As you can probably tell, he has some sweet dance moves in his repertoire.  The next day, Kevin and I got in the car to head home while the boys stayed behind to spend a little over a week with their grandparents and cousin.

7 comments:

Carol Askew said...

You and your sister look gorgeous! You look great in red, and the dress works just beautifully even without a chunky necklace. ;-)

Ameena said...

You look so much like your sister...both of you are so pretty! And red is your color for sure.

Snowing? At the end of May? I had no idea!

momof72nheaven said...

Wow Tiff looks just as beautiful as the last time I seen her which was forever ago. Looks like fun up at Sundance would have loved to see you and your family.

Heather C said...

Carol, yeah, totally gave up on the necklace. I am lazy when it comes to searching more than one store for something. I got the flower pin and decided to call it a day. Glad it still gets your approval. :)

Heather C said...

Ameena, see what you are missing living in LA? Snow in May. Well, I guess you are missing snow completely, or not missing it most likely.

Kenda, she did look gorgeous and it was a fun night. It was great to see your parents and chat with them a bit.

Sandra said...

You and your sister look ravishing. So glad that bump wasnt' due to a large burrito (still giggling!) She does sport the pregnancy look exceptionally well.

Heather C said...

Thanks Sandra!