After what has been a blissful, almost snow free winter, Jack Frost has come out of hiding. Yesterday, I got the guys dressed, teeth brushed, hair whipped into submission, made lunches, showered and got myself ready for my morning meeting in the city and then as we were heading out the door to school, Kevin called to report that they had just cancelled school in anticipation of our expected 24 inches of snow. Argh!!! Welcome to my idea of hell!
Now, I have plenty of friends who absolutely adore the snow day. They love the ability to stay in pajamas all day and to use the weather as a reason to not leave the house all day long. They love doing crafts with the kids, playing games, watching movies and maybe making treats. Am I one of these marvels of human nature? No, nope, nein, nyet. I wish I could love the snow day, I really do, but to me a forced day at home is like catching a wild animal in a trap. I would sooner chew off my own leg than stay home all day. Even on a typical day if I have nothing going on, I will invent a reason to leave the house if I have to.
Yesterday, before the blizzard set in, we hurried up and hit Starbucks, for some liquid courage for me and sugar for the boys, and then the library, for some books and movies to entertain the little people. Then followed the dreaded hours spent inside. It was a loooooooooong day. Thankfully, we were able to trek up the road to my parents where grandma and grandpa provided some afternoon entertainment.
Today, more of the same. No school and impending insanity for this mom. I am going to hit the exercise room and do some running and hopefully burn off some pent up energy. That will kill about on hour, what to do after that is anyone's guess.
1 comment:
We have had 7 days out of school as of today. I am usually really good with the situation but this time has been difficult. Yesterday though Harlen took the day off and we took the kids for a fun day at Wahooz. I actally enjoyed the break from the mundane. Sorry about the snow in March, that really bites.
Post a Comment