Well, I finally did it. After a solid month of nervy back pain, I finally broke down and went to see the doctor. When I mentioned to the kids that I was going to go see the doctor about my back, Ethan, very emphatically told me, it was about time. He also informed me he was "sick" of me not wanting to run around the yard or play hide and seek because my back hurts. Nothing like a little guilt to help motivate me toward medical help.
So, yesterday I saw the NeuroSurgeon's assistant. Apparently when you spend a million years in school, at Harvard no less, you can't see patients until someone else has collected all the necessary information for you first. They did x-ray and said that one of my vertebrae is slipping out of alignment. The P.A. recommended an MRI and put me on a course of steroids. He asked about my physical activity and I mentioned to him that I was running a half marathon in a week and a half. He put his fingers in his ears and went, "la, la, la" and told me he was going to pretend he didn't hear that. I said I will quit running and become a yoga goddess or do whatever they want but they just have to wait a week.
Kevin was teasing me all night about my taking steroids. He says I am doping for the race and that he can't wait for the veins in my neck to pop out. I keep telling him to watch out or I might go all Rowdy Roddy Piper on his ass in a 'roid rage.
2 comments:
LOL! Roid rage is real. But I know some dude it may come in handy with when we take our little trip down south. What did they tell you to do to help? I am SO DONE with back issues.
I could use some of those roids, so I could show some rage sometime. Really I hope they give you some sort of relief, back pain is the worst.
Kendalee
Post a Comment