Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Our wacky Ms. Ella

It has been 6 months since we adopted Ella from Vizsla rescue and we are so happy we added her to our home. When they first called us from the rescue group, I wasn't so sure we were going to take her. They told me they thought she had a kidney issue and would need prescription dog food that is $90 a bag and also she was fostered in Kansas and we would have to spend 8 hours in the car to go get her. What won me over was the way her foster mom described her and she really sounded like a perfect fit.

So off to Kansas we went to get our girl. Fortunately, after getting her home and having some extensive testing done by our vet, it was determined she did not have a kidney issue and really she is healthy as can be.

We have loved getting to know her personality these past few months. Whenever we are sitting on the couch, she comes up, hikes up one hip and plants one butt cheek on the couch. Almost like she it trying to sit like a person. It always makes me laugh.

She also loves to cuddle on the couch or in bed and if she could have her way, she would be sleeping with us nightly, under the covers.

She and the neighborhood squirrel have recently discovered each other and it cracks me up watching the face off between the two of them everyday. I swear that squirrel taunts her purposefully. This morning she was in full point mode and very, very slowly moving toward the squirrel. Of course, with him high up on the fence or high in the tree, she will never catch him but I think she loves the challenge.

3 comments:

Carol Askew said...

I love the pictures! I hope I get to meet her someday.

Holly Thompson said...

LOL, love the picture to accompany the hilarious story. Ella is adorable!!! I'm so glad she has fit so well into your family.

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Great story & photos...glad it is going so well ;)