
Ethan's best buddy, Noah, recently joined Cub Scouts and asked if Ethan would like to join. Drew told him he shouldn't join because then he would have "to sell those cookies". After I clarified the difference between Boy and Girl Scouts, Ethan decided to go to one meeting to try it out. After the first meeting, I asked what they did and he said, "we learned about the flag and then practiced folding it the right way". Inside, I was thinking, booooooorrrrring but when asked if he liked it Ethan said, "it was AWESOME!". So he was hooked and we now have a Scout in the house.
Last night was his 3rd time going and he finally had his uniform. He was so proud of his shirt and told me to take his picture and to make sure to put it on Facebook so I can show my friends. He was awarded his first pin last night for learning about weather and he was super excited about that. He was asking me how long you can be in Scouts and I told him a person can get an Eagle Scout award which is the highest award in scouting. He said very determindly, "I am going to get that award".

3 comments:
Oh my goodness, Heather! Ethan looks so handsome and happy in his scouts uniform! What a wonderful son you have and I can't wait to watch him grow up and become a stellar Eagle Scout! WTG, Ethan!
I was right - he is super cute in that uniform! I was a camp fire girl, and loved all that kind of stuff, but then I'm a geek. Scott still talks about the cool backpacking trips he took as an older scout.
Congratulations to Ethan for becoming a boy scout! My human-dad became an Eagle Scout when he was in high school, and he can do all sorts of neat things like making whistles out of acorns, bird and owl calls, making a fire, and making lots of different kinds of rope knots.
Kisses,
Laila
Post a Comment