Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Her two favorite words


Ella loves to lay in the sunny spot on our stairs in the morning. Yesterday, she was laying there in a deep sleep and I took this right after I whispered her two favorite words, dog park. Having had only a deaf dog for the past 11 years, I enjoy watching her head snap to attention right after I say the words. I don't have to ask twice, that is for sure. I have a pretty similar reaction to the words dark chocolate.

2 comments:

Carol Askew said...

I love it!

eiderdown said...

Heather: I loved your letter to April. I , wonder what she would have been like. Would she still play tricks on her mother and have that funny laugh that I remember so well? Would she be married and have a dozen kids? Would she have been able to see her dreams come true as far as the future that she imagined? I would have loved to find out. Memories are wonderful but they cannot take away the sorrow of seeing children die before they really get to grow up and live their lives. I am glad to be here to see the woman you have become. I am proud of you every day for the sweet person that you are and how you live your life. I love you very much and am so glad to share this part of your life with you and your family. You cannot imagine the happiness that has brought me. Keep up the good work. Love-Mom