Drew has been obsessed with Star Wars the past few years. He eats, sleeps and breathes Star Wars. Almost literally. The kid sleeps on Star Wars sheets, more often than not in a Star Wars t-shirt.
Over the past few years, I have gotten an education in all things Star Wars. One that I never wanted but have obtained, none the less. This Halloween, Ethan and Drew dressed as Boba Fett and Jango Fett, respectively. Halloween night, Kevin was asking who Jango Fett was and I told him, "Jango Fett was Boba Fett's father who was killed at the beginning of the Clone Wars. But actually Boba isn't really Jango's son but rather a clone of the bounty hunter". Silence followed and I am sure Kevin was thinking, "who is this nerd and where is the woman I married?"
Lately, Drew has taken to quoting the movie. For a while, me getting mad at him in any way would result in him sticking his arm out, making a face and some weird noises and then telling me he was "'lectricing me" like the Emperor. Then we went through the "you don't know the power of the dark side" phase. If anyone teases him, he enjoys saying, "laugh it up Fuzzball!!" More recently when I tell him to go clean up his room, he is likely to mutter under his breath as he walks off, "Jedi scum".
All in all, it kind of cracks me up although I do have worries about him attending conventions as an adult dressed in costume.
2 comments:
I think he is adorable!! Megan loves Star Wars too. I'm just imagining the Star Wars lines I would be getting if she could talk. :-) She would absolutely LOVE to visit your house and hang out with Drew.
Yeah, when he starts googling Comic Con and Cosplay, then you can worry. But then again, my Drew likes to dress as a princess pirate, so I'm one to talk.
Post a Comment