The other thing with the thin coat/getting cold easily stuff is that in winter, during the night she often gets cold. Our first winter with her, she would wake up during the night, crying and sometimes suggestively nosing the edge of our down comforter. Realizing she was cold, we got her a doggy heating pad for her dog bed.
Still waking up in the night crying.
Then we bought a blanket and put her to bed every night with her doggy heating pad AND a blanket covering her.
Still waking up crying.
I was complaining to my mother about the having to get up in the night and cover our crying baby with a blanket and she, being a seamstress extraordinaire, came over with a tape measure and whipped up this little number for Ella to sleep in.
Does the trick on the cold nights and provides entertainment for Kevin and me because she looks completely dorky in it. Like the other dogs at the dog park would beat her up if they saw her in it. I think it looks a bit like a Snuggie and that thought had me briefly, and I mean briefly, considering setting her up with her bed jacket on, a bowl of popcorn and a remote on the couch and using that photo for this post but then the logistics of keeping her face out of the popcorn long enough to take a picture stopped me.
5 comments:
Too cute! My girls do the same thing on the stairs & in our foyer- following around the sun. A few years back, I got Zoe a child's sweater at Walmart & just sewed up the sleeves.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5096/5453674805_e31e8ba137_o.jpg
Ashley get ready to say goodbye to humidity and warm winters and hello to dry skin and the perils of high altitude cooking. Really though, I love Colorado.
Amanda, I am lol at the sweater thing just thinking of the dorky ways I could dress Ella.
I think Ella needs lots of doggy sweaters! So cute!
I love it! Ella and I are twins. When it is cold, I either hide under two or three blankets on the couch or in bed -- or whine, cry, beg, and stamp my feet until my mom gets my coat. I'm so glad that it is starting to warm up. The weather is gorgeous today, so I'm hanging out in my bed in the foyer soaking up the sun.
Oh you are so cute, Heather! I love this sweet story and that photo is precious. Ella is one lucky dog! The sunshine on the stairs photos are so funny, what a character!
Post a Comment