I knew this day would come, I just didn't know it would be so soon. About a week ago, Drew, my 5th grader, came downstairs dressed for school wearing a pirate kerchief from a birthday party around his neck. I looked at the ensemble and said, "maybe you shouldn't wear that because it looks a little strange."
Drew looked at me for a moment and said, "this is just cool. You wouldn't know that because YOU are not cool!"
And there you have it, alert the media, it is official, I am no longer cool. (Of course, it is questionable if I was ever cool).
2 comments:
Oh my gosh - that is hilarious!! I can totally picture Drew when he said that. He is so stinkin' cute. But of course, you ARE cool. :-)
You are still cool. And a pirate get-up is questionable. You have not lost it. You have it and always did. Then again, my ability to assess cool may be dwindling, but I am still going with you are cool.
Drew is hilarious.
Post a Comment