Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

World's Slobbiest Vizsla

We recently bought some new dog food that has pieces of shredded chicken mixed in with the kibble. Ella has decided that those chicken bits are the best thing ever. Her new method of eating is to take a mouthful of food from the bowl, spit the entire mouthful out onto the floor and eat out the only the chicken bits.

One of my personal favorite techniques is when she decides to eat while we are eating. Her food is in the dining room and we are eating at the kitchen table. She will transport her mouthful of dog food to the kitchen, spit it on the floor and then eat her chicken bits. I am then left with bits of dog food strewn all about the house.

3 comments:

Carol Askew said...

LOL! I can totally see her doing this. She's not a slob, she just has good taste (and doesn't think she's a dog). If you fed her a bowl of just chicken, and fed her at the table with the rest of the family in the kitchen, she would be perfectly fine. :-)

Laila said...

Ella is a food connoisseur. I'm the same way. My mom can't mix anything into my food bowl at all. Otherwise, I go through and methodically pick out all of the good stuff and spit out all of the "bleh" stuff back onto the floor. It all started when I wasn't eating well as a little puppy, and my vet suggested hiding a treat at the bottom of the food bowl. The end result? You guessed it -- food all over the floor, and the one single treat was in my belly.

Kisses,
Laila

Delilah and Rocket said...

ROFL! us fellow vizsla owners with picky eaters totally get this. Too funny.