Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Banana Bread & Something That Will Make You Say, "Awwww"

I have always liked quick breads.  Really they are more like cakes in loaf form but I can tell myself it is only bread I am eating and what's not to like about that?  I still have fond memories of the banana bread served at my dorm cafeteria in college.  Really tasty and being that it wasn't the cafeteria's usual compilation of mystery meats, one of the few safe items available to eat. 

Yesterday, Ethan was home sick from school so I spent the day at home not running errands (okay, we did make one trip to Whole Foods for ragu ingredients and milk).  It is amazing how much I can get done when forced to stay at home.  Between my 5,000 (not even exaggerating) potty training trips outside with Tucker, I got lots of cleaning done, had time to try a new ragu sauce which takes many hours on the stove, and finally turned our browning bananas into some banana bread. 


This is my favorite banana bread recipe from Bon Appetit.  It takes banana bread up a notch with cinnamon, honey and a streusel topping and if you like banana bread I suggest giving it a try.   

Now for the "awwww" factor.  Last weekend, in a midday lull, the kids were playing and Kevin and I were lounging.  I was playing Sudoku on Kevin's phone while Kevin was watching t.v.  After a bit, I look up and see this,

the pupster and Kevin napping together.  So adorable, both of them!

3 comments:

Carol Askew said...

AWWWW!!!! That picture is so cute!!!! The banana bread sounds great.

Ameena said...

That picture is super cute. And the banana bread looks delicious! I won't show you what mine looks like when my husband or child grab a knife and get going...lets just say it isn't nearly as neat or perfect!

Heather C said...

Thanks Carol!

Ameena, I wish my banana bread looked like that. I totally hijacked the picture from the bon appetit website. That is how it would look if I didn't live at 6,000 feet and the altitude didn't pancake everything.