Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

No Need For A Sleep Aid Here

We have been in full puppy mode since Tuesday afternoon when we welcomed 13 week old Tucker to our house.  He seems to have a great little personality and is really interested in what we, the humans, are doing which will make training just a little bit easier. 
He and Ella have been getting along better and better each day.  At first, I think she was a little unsure who this newcomer was and what to do with him but they have been wrestling a lot and playing in the yard and lately on our hourly trips outside, he is following her around instead of me.

Between the playing, the hourly bathroom trips outside, the daily walk down the street to get used to the leash, the getting to know all the sounds around the house, and the frequency of no's being thrown his way, by the end of the day, the poor guy is wiped out.
He isn't the only one.  Ella is all tuckered (maybe I should say Tuckered) out by days end.  Whipping a newbie into shape is tough work.  As for me, well by about 8 p.m. I pretty much feel how Ella looks here.  Let's just say I am sleeping like a baby with all this running around after the little guy.

7 comments:

Carol Askew said...

Those dogs are both just beautiful. And looking at the pictures makes me want to curl up next to one of them and take a nap myself. :-)

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman said...

He's adorable. Those eyes! I'm pretty sure if he lived in my house I wouldn't get anything done. And then he'd hate me for smothering him. :)

SouthLoopScot said...

So cute!

Kat said...

Adorable! It's always fun (okay...and a little bit stressful!) to watch older dogs interact with the little pups.

Heather C said...

Carol, Kevin and Tucker took a big nap together today and looked so cute. Both of them.

Tracey, his sharp, nippy little teeth would prevent any danger of smothering him.

Thanks Scott.

Kat, you are so right it is fun but also a bit stressful. Fortunately, Ella seems to get that he is small and takes it easy on him.

Ameena said...

Beautiful dogs...I will never forget how unconditional a dog's love is. Reading this has totally made me wish I could have another one!

Heather C said...

Ameena, you are so right there is nothing like a dogs love and they never talk back either.

Ashley, no snow for us in Denver. That said, here in Colorado we don't put our snow stuff away until about mid May because you just never know.