Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Trying to Adjust My Attitude

I have been having one of those weeks where I feel like I just want to get in bed, cram a pillow over my face and be done. Strange thing though is that I feel like that but really nothing terribly horrendous has really happened this week.

Here is the recap:

Poster_large
                                                    from here

Kevin and I both have a heinous cold/flu thingy going on. 

Tumblr_lk0wh3xz6a1qzschgo1_500_large
                                                                          from here

I got a speeding ticket.  I would like to say it was my first or that I haven't had one in a million years but none of that is true.  Moral of the story, I need to drive slower.
View Image
                                          from here

And, I chipped one of my front teeth.  The only recurring dream I have is one where I completely lose one of my front teeth, I go to the dentist and he tells me there is nothing I can do but look like a backwater hillbilly.  Horrifying!  Fortunately, it was just a tiny chip and just needed to be smoothed out but it made me feel old.

Also, my back is driving me nuts but nothing new there. 

See, nothing so horrible which makes me thing think I may need to adjust my attitude a bit.  So, inspired by my friend Carol, who finds 10 positives everyday, here are the positives of this week.


Tucker, or the Pupster as I like to call him, had his first case of the "zoomies".  If you have a Vizsla, you know the "zoomies" all too well but for those of you non V owners, the "zoomies" are when your V decides to run full blast in a circle inside or outside the house.  They run at top speed for an indeterminate amount of time and then just like that it is over.  The zoomies always make me laugh but Tucker with the "zoomies" had Kevin and I cracking up because he is so clumsy.


Kevin and I celebrated 15 years of marriage yesterday.  We went up to Beaver Creek a few weekends ago for our anniversary so we weren't going to do anything but he came home with these

and I made him a coconut cream pie that he likes.  After the kids went to bed we enjoyed a piece of pie and a cup of Theraflu and tried to see who could use the most tissues in an hour's time (I think Kevin won that one). 


Another plus, we planted our first vegetable garden this year.  I am a total black thumb.  In fact, when my parents recently spent a few months in Italy, I was, in a major lapse of judgement, put in charge of my mom's orchids during her absence.  I think there were like 6 to begin with and in what seemed like a horticultural version of Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None", I slowly killed each and every one of them.  So I am excited to see our little garden growing.

One last positive, I am on a roll here, I had both my children cracking up this morning in the car as I was singing to the radio as loud as I could with my squeaky, hoarse, cold ravaged voice.  I love making them laugh.

See, really not so bad when you change what you focus on.

8 comments:

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Awww....sorry you are having a bad week. Puppy pictures & funnies always help. Happy Anniversary- love seeing the wedding picture. Hope you enjoyed your weekend & your flowers are gorgeous!

Heather C said...

Thanks Amanda and you are so right funnies and a warm, wiggly puppy in my lap definitely help.

SouthLoopScot said...

Congratulations on 15 years! You guys look so young in that picture! I find that attitude is everything... Hope your weekend is peaceful and you feel better.

Ameena said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry that you've been having such a rough time...speeding tickets are the worst. I need to drive slower too but seriously, when the roads open up (once in a millennium here in LA) I do think a speed over 65 can be justified.

Feel better soon my friend!

Heather C said...

Scott, we look young because we were so young in that picture. :)

Heather C said...

Thanks Ameena, really it is me making a big thing out of a bunch of littlen things. Trying to focus on the positives.

Carol Askew said...

Great post! I loved hearing about the positive things, and thanks for the reminder - I need to go make my list now. :-)

Heather C said...

Thanks for the inspiration Carol and you are so right that sometimes finding the negatives is so much easier than seeing all the positives.