Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Four foot seven inches is just fine by me

Yesterday as I was making the kids lunch, Drew wanted to know if he could have soda with his food. I said no while pouring myself a Diet Coke. Being the skilled negotiator he is, he immediately said, "you are having soda for lunch so why can't I?"

I told him that he is still a growing boy and milk is what you need for a growing body. I am done growing and don't need as much milk anymore (although I probably could stand to cut down my Diet Coke consumption). I also told him that when he is an adult and done growing that he can drink soda all day long, until he is sick, if that is what he wants to do.

He considered all this for a moment and then told me, putting his hand on top of his head, "I think I am okay with this tall. So, can I have soda with my lunch?"

1 comment:

Carol Askew said...

LOL! I love this story. I've had the same conversation with John a few times, but he hasn't come back with Drew's clever response yet!