Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

There is one in every family

Drew, my 9 year old, is our resident complainer and grouser. He doesn't not just happily roll along through life and always has an opinion to voice, and usually one that is contrary to everyone elses.

Case in point, last weekend we went hiking. He objected to the entire outing as we were preparing to go. The whole way up to the trailhead, he asked repeatedly when we were going to get there. Once there and on the trail, we then were barraged with questions about when we were going to be done and heading home. In the car on the way home, questions about when we were going to get home. Kevin and I have learned to ignore it for the most part and just forge ahead. The hilarious thing is when we finally return home, he is usually the first to say, "wow, that was fun, when are we going again." The boy makes no sense but we love him in spite of it.

This is pretty much a regular outing with Drew. Unless you are going to Home Depot and then he is happy to go and happy to stay as long as possible, preferably in the mower aisle. On those trips, if I am along, I usually assume his role and irritate all those males in my family by repeatedly asking when we are leaving.

2 comments:

momof72nheaven said...

Funny Giles complains all of the time also. Especially at dinner time. He complains even when i make his favorite. Something is always wrong! LOL funny how we still love them huh?

Holly Thompson said...

I feel your pain, Heather! Both of my little ones are in a phase like this right now. Ugh! Drew is a funny little guy... I love that he's into lawn mowers. Our quirky kids keep us in stitches, eh?