Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Furry, Wet-Nosed Co-Pilot

Some people have God as their co-pilot, I have a 3 year old Vizsla. 

Since Polka Dot died a few months ago, Ella seems to not like being left home alone so I take her in the car quite a bit more.  The fur and the window goobs don't do much for the look of my interior but she loves it and is excellent in the car.  She sits in the passenger seat almost like a person and let's face it, window goobs aside, I do enjoy being treated like a hero when I return from inside Target. 

Oftentimes, I take her to drop the kids at school or to pick them up.  When I drop them off, she always cries when they walk away and when I pick them up, she watches for them so carefully and cries in anticipation of seeing her two boys.  Once she saw a boy far off about Ethan's size also with brown hair and glasses and she got really excited, tail wagging, body wiggling, and then was so disappointed when she realized it wasn't him.

Here she is waiting today:


And then, she finally spots Ethan.......


The kids love when I bring her because as happy as I am to see them at the end of the day, my enthusiasm can't match a wiggling, wagging, licking ball of fur. 

7 comments:

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Too stinkin' cute! I love to take my girls & they love to ride. It gets so hot here, I can only do really short errands while leaving them in the car. Wags & wiggles are always good thing :)

Carol Askew said...

So cute!!! I love that dog.

SouthLoopScot said...

SO sweet! There is nothing like the greeting of a dog. I'm very blessed to have the pleasure doubled! Rocco and Chloe go nuts when I pick them up from Yvette's house! I just love it!

Heather C said...

Thanks Amanda!

Carol, she would love to have you come back anytime so she can lick you to death.

Scott, I totally agree, nothing is as good for the ego as having a little 4 legged person greet you at the door.

Ameena said...

There is nothing, nothing! like the unconditional love of a dog...makes me wish I had animals instead of a child. :)

Heather C said...

Ameena, I totally agree, animals are much easier than those small humans.

Heather C said...

Ashley, Vizsla's have a great temperment, in my opinion. They are really lovey, intelligent, and charming dogs. That said, they are a really, really active breed who needs lots of activity and stimulation. Ella is really good in the house, not hyper or anything but she gets a lot of outside time.

If you guys have never had a puppy or dog before, I would highly recommend really researching breeds you are interested in and then using that information to decide if a particular breed's activity level and temperment suits you guys and your lifestyle.